The best way to encourage guests to return and, hopefully, to develop loyalty is to stand out from the competition and give them a reason to return.
In other words, do something during their stay that causes them to think, “Wow, what a great hotel! What great people. I like how I feel when staying here. Next time I want to stay at this hotel whenever I travel to the area.”
Here are 10 of the best ways to make guests say ‘Wow!’
- Learn a guest’s name early and use it routinely during the stay.
- Greet arriving guests with enthusiasm and offer a complete hotel orientation.
- Offer assistance with activities, reservations, directions, etc.
- Frequently ask guests about their stay and satisfaction.
- Make guests feel like the priority with teamwork and management interaction.
- Make some friendly, light conversation focused on the guest.
- Respond to any requests with enthusiasm and promptness.
- Follow up personally on any requests or problems to assure satisfaction.
- Ask guests for their opinion or suggestions.
- At departure, sincerely thank the guest and invite a return visit.
Dazzle your guests and give them something to talk about and to tell their friends about after they leave. How can they rave on TripAdvisor if you haven’t given them any ammunition? The best compliment a guest can give you is to tell someone else how great your service is.
What story will your last guest tell about his or her experience today? What you do, what you say and how you react impacts those future stories.
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." – Maya Angelou, American author and poet